Aspartame was once banned in the United States because of its adverse effects, although the artificial sweetener has not changed, the product is now legal and is founds in thousands of food products today.
There is a warning for Phenylketonurics that is found in EQUAL and other aspartame products. Phenylketenurics are 2% of the population with extreme sensitivity to this chemical. Its been found to cause brain disorders and birth defects! Finally, the phenyalanine breaks down into DKP, a brain tumor agent.
Aspartame sugar substitutes cause worrying symptoms from memory loss to brain tumors. But despite US FDA approval as a ‘safe’ food additive, aspartame is one of the most dangerous substances ever to be foisted upon an unsuspecting public.
So what is it? It is an artificial sweetener added to more than 6,000 products including carbonated soft drinks, powdered soft drinks, chewing gum, confections, gelatins, dessert mixes, puddings and fillings, frozen desserts, yogurt, tabletop sweeteners, and some pharmaceuticals such as vitamins and sugar-free cough drops. If it says ‘diet’ or ‘sugar free’ check the label. It has to be put on the back because it’s such a dangerous and unhealthy chemical.
So what are the effects? Here is a list of some of the documented symptoms and side effects of aspartame:
- Headaches/migraines Depression Breathing difficulties
- Dizziness Fatigue Anxiety attacks
- Seizures Irritability Slurred speech
- Nausea Tachycardia Loss of taste
- Numbness Insomnia Tinnitus
- Muscle Spasm Cision problems Vertigo
- Weight Gain Hearing loss Memory loss
- Rashes Heart palpitations Joint pain
It is also proven that some chronic illnesses can be triggered and worsened by aspartame, including:
- Brain tumours Parkinson’s disease Diabetes
- Multiple sclerosis Alzheimer’s
- Epilepsy Mental retardation
- Chronic fatigue syndrome Lymphoma
- The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without phenylalanine. Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine. Methanol breaks down into formic acid and formaldehyde, embalming fluid. Methanol is a dangerous neurotoxin, a known carcinogen, causes retinal damage in the eye, interferes with DNA replication, and causes birth defects.
If you really want to avoid calories from a natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup, try Stevia (available online in our Body Brilliant Shop). Stevia is a sweetener derived from a herb and is calorie free, but minus all the bad ingredients found in products such as EQUAL. Think twice before going for a diet food or drink, surely it can’t be worth it!